Comments are closed.
Quick SEO tips
- Update your website with well optimized, fresh and unique textual content on a regular basis.
- Avoid duplicate content.
- Employ consistent one-version URL for all your pages. 301 redirect all the other versions to this preferred version.
- Avoid using of < noembed > tag to hide textual content from visitors.
- Confine your Title tags to maximum of 60 characters and your Description tags to maximum of 160 characters.
- Use a unique Title and Description tag for every single page of your website.
- Make sure your domain is registered for at least 5 years.
- It is highly recommended to setup your blog on a sub-directory rather than a sub-domain.
- Always use Permalinks and Pretty URLs.
- Image's alt tag and co-text optimization is always recommended. (co-text is a notion I've borrowed from linguistics to refer to any textual content surrounding an image or any specific keyword.)
- Always to have your own optimized description tag is much better than to let the SE to extract description from your website content by itself.
- Since Title and Meta Description text appear in SER, expressive and meaningful text is more likely to be clicked on by web surfer.
- Don't use text or links that are hidden from the user.
- Avoid excessive use of "Meta redirection" and use "301 redirection" instead.
- For eCommerce websites make sure that the https version of the site is redirected to the http one except for the shopping cart pages that should be vice-versa.